Monday 8 February 2021

 Good Morning, Indeed!

Why is this morning so very special?

It does not change my horrible yesterday.

It does not remove last night’s ordeal.

Does the rising of the sun change anything?

The  troubles of yesterday will haunt my today.

The birdsong of dawn alters not a single thing.

Alas the sun rises, and the sun sets, day after day.

Bringing no new hope, no fresh joy along its way.


But if the Sun of righteousness rises on me today.

Then my morning is truly special.

His Spirit removes the horror of yesterday.

His love quietens me, I forget the night’s ordeal.

His forgiveness for me changes everything.

The  troubles of yesterday do not haunt my today.

The birdsong of dawn has me singing and praising- and

New mercies, new hope, new joy all come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment