Monday 29 March 2010

Friends and parting from them.

Few I am sure are as fortunate as I am when it comes to friends. From kindergarden to my present company, I have met with quite a number of men and women of character. What is friendship? It is all about taking a person as she/he is. When the rest of the world spends time listing your faults and speaking about them, a freind takes time to point out your faults unoffendingly and then takes pride in you when your faults are corrected. The smile of a friend heals many unworded wounds.
My list of such heart warming friends is long. Each of them is different, them that can talk endlessly and them that utter but a few words, them that laugh excessively and them that merely smile in the place of a laugh. Them that read voraciously and them that turn to a book for sleep, them that love to travel and them that dread leaving their hometown, them that are old and them that are children. From each of these friends I learn to look at life in newer ways. From the inland letter to the email and the mobile phone I use all means available to maintain friendships I have develped over the years.
Nevetheless,parting from these friends has always been difficult. When the time to part comes I remember all the good times I spent with them. Some long walks, some silent momemts in the cafeteria, stadium or auditorium, some bouts of laughter, some hearty meal in a restaurant, some memorable learinings on the job, some long debates and discussions in the desk. Tears always fail me by never falling down. Just recollection and remorse and a heaviness in the heart. The freindship remains always but also always ends in a way.
What do I want most? To stay with old friends or to discover new ones? I do not know. The only way I can connect with friends made thus far and go on to make new ones is by parting. A sad moment and yet one of hope. Hope that the freindship I part from physically will last and the hope that new friends I will find wherever I go next. How am I sure that I will find new friends?... well, if it happened to you several times in the past you would be as sure as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment