Friday 8 January 2010

AHhhhhhhhhhhhChu!!!!!

I am at the lift lobby waiting for for an elevator to open its doors. A string of people join me, all looking up for the lights atop the elevator doors to glow. Ting Tong and the elevator doors open. I step in first and then.... there is the fragrance of a rose, ah chocolate aroma next, wow the sweet scent of lavendar! What was that now, smelt like cheddar cheese :). Who's the dacoit!!!, I can smell musquito repelent.

I look around and find not people, but staues cast in stone, staring at nothing. What ever happened to the ears-stuck to the - mobile whisperers this morning ?. 'Are'nt your noses tickling people??????. Oh come on, rub your nose, sniff a little or least bat an eyelid- There are no fumes in here alright but there are purfumes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.', I yelled on the inside.

I am breathing hard, 'can we close the doors please' I say to myself. But not yet!!!.People are still walking in and it felt like I just walked under a lemon tree,then under an apple tree, then near a blue berry bush.
Boy!!! the doors shut and we start moving up.
The elevator stopped at the third floor, I step out and sneezed Ahh..ahhh... chhu!!. 'Bless you' said a kindly soul. I screamed within me"Bless the man that has to climb the 11 floors in the elevator". He will be SCENTOFFOCATED!!!!.

3 comments:

  1. hahaa tht was funny and very very true .. . Nice to read about ur garden experience in an elevator.
    I could almost hear ur nose!! and see ur sneeze hehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much better than stuck with a bunch of desi's in NJ trying to figure out one week old shirt, 3 week old unwashed snow jacket and forgot to take bath because of the offshore calls late night yesterday dude.

    You'll be SMELLOFOCATED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smellofocated was going to be another post!!!!. I had Indian town buses in mind though, not really desis in NJ.

    ReplyDelete