Monday 30 July 2007

I walked into my english books

It would have been a dull world if we all spoke the same tongue!........oh no!, may be there would have emerged so many dialects and accents for that one language and the world would have been as amusing as it is today. I long to learn many languages and talk and talk and talk no matter wherever I went in this whole wide world. Alas Iknow just 2 languages Tamil and English and, man! I love them both like mad.

My dad put in me a great thirst and love for English.So in my mind's eye I SAW every poem and lesson that was taught at school.Wordsworth's 'solitary reaper' and I SAW a lass reaping, it was a vivid picture,his 'upon westminister bridge' and I SAW a bridge on the Thames.Tennyson's 'brook' and I literally SAW a tiny river.When my teacher taught -as a lesson- an essay of G.B.Shaw's I SAW picaddily circus,paddington and charing cross. Yes I saw them all in my mind's eye

And then one day in may 2007,I walked into all my mind's pictures. I saw the moors of Southampton and wordsworth's words I could hear, I was in London on the westminister bridge and I heard Wordsworth again, I was in the isle of wight and I saw Tennyson's house ,then I heard him say the 'brook' for me.I was in paddigton and charing cross and I heard G.B.Shaw.

oh yes yes I went to England to live, to visit, to enjoy but most of all i went to England to just walk in to my English text books.My heart leapt,danced, laughed and indeed wept for sheer joy

No comments:

Post a Comment